Friday, June 4, 2010

Springtime snackins...

It's been a pretty fruitful springtime so far here in the SoCal. A few days ago in the farmers market I spied these little green garlic gems, and the first of many heirloom tomatoes of the season. I got the steak from Whofoo and decided to pan roast with the green garlic cut into rounds. The result? Yeah...
After I let the steak rest, I deglazed the pan with some Madiera, reduced it and mounted it with some butter. Add some fresh arugula... man, you got yourself a tasty meal right there! The tomato? I just simply sliced it and drizzled it with some good olive oil, salt, and a toss of more arugula... again, a fresh, peppery snack!
Cheers all!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

... OOoooo Weee, now your speakin my language ...

hiphophippie.com said...

It doesn't matter if I just ate, you always make me hungry!!